Monday, August 22, 2011

Footprint In The Blank(s)

I used to stare for hours on a blank screen figuring what it is to write. Has not been WRITING since 2009. For some reason I know why, just not going to share it with you. NO! not ever.
I like writing, not good at it, but I like it. It makes me forget, forget time. forget pain. sometimes forget that the world is not going to wait for me finish blogging before it starts to fall apart. Started writing my first short story to be proud of in 1999 I was 17, on an A5 size notepad. It took 2 months to finish, about a thousand words. I wrote the book almost every night and rewrote it. The school still talks about it. Although I like writing, the thing is, I never wanted to be a writer nor anything to do with writing. I always wanted to be specifically an electronic engineer, to build something useful to be proud of. Now the dream has fade. Day by day I'm steering away from becoming an engineer. And back into my childhood ambition. A day dreamer. If only they pay. keh, keh, keh, keh.

One fascination that has not fade since I was 5, when my dad brought home our houses' first computer the Atari 800. It was my first obsession, and my first glimpse into programming - BASIC (Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code). Spent days reading the manual and programming the computer, though it don't do much, keep in mind I was 5. I was envy of my elder brother back then, he seems better in that than I.

It is not until I was 8 that I started learning about electronics, My mom bought Mickey Mouse edition IBM 486(SLC@DLC I can't remember) computer from mesiniaga in subang and it's still there that I first understand about microprocessors, floppy disk, video games, especially video games. Two games in particular I remember was Hugo House Of Horror and of course since it's Mickey Mouse edition, Mickey Mouse although my memory is kind of vague about the Mickey Mouse game thing. I think it's a colouring program or puzzle. Since then I learned, from trial and error. Every time the technician came to the house I'll be sitting by the computer asking every questions that comes to mind. It must have been a stressful job answering an 8 year old's technical questions. From that I learned how to fix.

It is not until I was 11 that I started fixing my first PC other than my own, Adly Z's. Been doing it since then, only now I charge them. HA!

I started my own company last year, it's the more reason to re-blogging. The company was officially registered with SSM in September 2010. It started as a computer service  and consulting for family, friends and neighbours nearby, and recently grew into a computer service AND web developing. LUPARTA IT CONSULTING is the name, located in Kota Damansara, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment